I fear dying. No. Let me rephrase that. I fear on how i would die.
We all will eventually die. That i know. But to think of how a person's death would be makes me feel somehow sad. When i read the list of orbituaries in a paper, i'd always wonder how did they died. I'd hear about a relative's death and my mind would lingered around it for days.
So everyday, every decision i make, which part of the road i'm walking at, death is always somewhere in the corner of my thoughts. Have I done enough deed to be taken away in peaceful manner? Have I this, have I that.
I am not being dramatic or i have watched too many movies. But i find it practically normal to think these stuffs once in awhile. How would He take us away. We would see the angels take our soul but would there be people around us reciting the Quran, or someone beside me asking me to utter the shahadah. How would the trance be like. When the angels comes for us, we would be in a world where we are aware of our surrounding and aware of them. At the end of the day, the question is, what kind of death would we be in?
Something worth thinking about.
"Then, on that day, you will be questioned about the bounties [the Almighty had bestowed for the nourishment of mankind, but which you collected to satisfy your own greed. You will be asked whose toils and blood it was that decorated your palaces of joy and pleasure and what right you had to usurp them." (At Takathur;8)
2 comments:
wise people think of death =)grown you have
still rough around the edges. thank you sensei!
Post a Comment