First of all, i would like to wish my deepest condolences to all the family members who lost their loved ones in the chaotic landslide that happened circa 4am today. Especially to the family of Shaiful Khas. He was indeed a great guy.
I was asleep in my own little world dreaming. Up above, i could hear helicopters coming and going. I was still dreaming. A loud knock wake me up. It was mom. Urgently waking me up and telling me the horrific news. I was still calm. I mean, Bukit Antarabangsa was infamous for natural disasters. Still half asleep, i crept downstairs and turned on the tv. To my astonishment, it was worst then how i had imagine. Calls started coming in. Absolutely havocness. Granny and my aunt's family was stuck on the other side. There was no way they could come out from the other side as practically, the whole road that leads to their place and others were blocked by bungalow houses that actually got moved to the middle of the road. Circa 8 bungalow houses. Circa 3000 people were blocked to come out. And yet, i was still calm. I mean, my area was not affected. Granny's area is just blocked. What is the worst that could happened? I did know that around 3 people were found dead. But still, i was calm. I didnt know them. What should i worry about right? But, I did feel an enormous amount of empathy towards every single soul that resided on the other side of where the disaster had happened. And again, i was still calm.
Out of tiredness, i switched on the news. Havocness still surrounds the air. And finally, when the newscaster mentioned a name, i could barely breathe. Suddenly, everything turned black. "Mangsa terkorban, Shaiful Khas berumur 20 tahun....". It was such a familiar name. So familiar. And the next thing i heard, it was his father giving an explanation on how his son..his son..passed away. Still praying its not someone i know, i did manage to text a few friends informing the situation. I was in such a shock. I felt depress the whole day. It was such a shock. Saiful called all the way from UK and i think mom overheard somethings. She asked me what happened. I just did not have the energy to explain. To actually talk. To actually utter those sad unforgiving words to them. All i could manage to do was recite Al-Fatihah for him, Shaiful Khas and the other victims.
I felt sick to my stomach the whole day. To make things worst, the news kept showing the same thing. Texts messages kept coming asking how we were doing thinking we were affected by the landslide. I tried sleeping. Didn't work. Taqi's call of concern woke me up. And some text messages from my dear friends. A big Thank you for your concerns guys.
I kept thinking, about how Shaiful's family must be feeling. I know, i have this terrible habit of empathy-altruism hypotheses.
I just pray that there would be no more deaths. Ya Allah, please. I wish i could provide pictures. But its just too unbearable.
Thanx again guys for the concern.
4 comments:
sorry to hear about this
i sendiri dari smlm tak tdo.
syukur datuk K and Amelya AF3 tak terlibat.
thanx 4 da concern yeah.
all we can do is just pray.
sorry to hear about the tragedy...
just hang in there, yeah?
babe!!! I need you here now!!!!
Post a Comment