Thursday, December 3, 2009

Golden Land

Still in the phase where i'm trying to sort out this jumbled head of mine on what to blog about since i did sorta went on an unintentional hiatus for quite a bit. Wasn't my fault. Really. The military junta banned Hotmail, Yahoo, Blogspot and etc.

The trip was a nice one indeed. I got to eat my favorite Shan Noodles :) That was heaven. I met relatives i've never met before, photography was awesome and i am now bloody fat. Ironic isn't it? Oh well.

Monks dressed in saffron colored robes marched the tiny pebbled roads, shiny gold plated pagodas, girls in thanaka on their faces...such wonders. A photographer's heaven. I wanted to take a flight to the ancient kingdom of Bagan. But yeah, i've got overprotective parents who still thinks i'm 12. -__-

Writing about Burma makes me wanna go back there. I should have stayed there longer. Sigh.

The funniest billboard ad that made me laugh till i was kneeling down in the cab and nearly made the cab stop was the "Miss Condom" advertisement. Even condoms have beauty pageants? Interesting.

I also got this very long lecture when i told mom i wanted to go to Daw Suu Kyi's house. Expected that actually. They've been lecturing me ever since before. Should have guessed huh. -__-

Pictures, pictures. Will upload them later. Still in the phase of resizing while slurping on ramen. Never quite got the job done yet.

I guess that's about it. Or should i also write about how my aunts showed me pictures of potential future husbands? Found it pathetic and queasy.

Roger and out! :)

No comments: